Re: A possible GFDL compromise

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:

>     Can you give us an indication as to what the clarified text will look
>     like, or what restrictions it will contain? [Just so we're all on the
>     same page with regards to the sections problems.]
>
> I've decided not to do that.  The development of GNU licenses is not a
> Debian issue.

That's correct.  But don't complain later if Debian still has issues
with a new version of the license if you don't consult us about it.  It
appears that many of the current concerns with the GFDL were outlined to
the FSF by some Debian developers during the comment phase of its
preparation.  These comments were not considered, and now we find
ourselves not agreeing that it's a free software license suitable for
works included in Debian.

Peter