Re: A possible GFDL compromise

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
> The TeX license has a much more annoying packaging requirement.
> Those are both licenses that Debian accepts, I believe.

The TeX license is unclear.  In one place we have things like

% This program is copyright (C) 1982 by D. E. Knuth; all rights are reserved.
% Copying of this file is authorized only if (1) you are D. E. Knuth, or if
% (2) you make absolutely no changes to your copy.

but in another place we have

 The progam for TeX is in the public domain and readers may freely
 incorporate the algorithms of this book into their own
 programs. However, the use of the name TeX is restricted to software
 systems that agree exactly with the program presented here.

which is fine.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu