Re: GFDLed and preferred form

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 09:46:41PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > I _am_ providing the source.  The preferred means for editing my
> > thesis is with LyX.  The problem is that the GFDL doesn't think that
> > an open format easily modified with free software qualifies.
>
> I'm not especially familiar with LyX but I though it was similar or
> based on LaTeX. As LaTeX files are ok for the GFDL, shouldn't be the
> same?

It is based in concept on LaTeX, you can make it export files that can
be processed by LaTeX (and vaguely resemble it, too), and you can import
some (not too exotic) LaTeX-files into LyX. That is not the recommended
way to do it, however, and the LyX file format is completely different.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."