Re: old and new GNU documentation licenses, and the some of the manuals to which they apply

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 09:08:34AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 04:06:01AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Yes, though it should be kept in mind that the GPL-incompatibility
> > problem remains.  We *still* won't be able to drop hunks of these
> > manuals into their corresponding programs as on-line documentation,
> > unless the same text happens to already exist somewhere else under the
> > GNU GPL.
>
> Couldn't one just package it up as a separate package?  (apt-get install
> gcc-doc or whatnot)  In fact, they probably already are separate packages in
> many cases.

Yes.  I wasn't trying to imply otherwise.  My point was simply that the
old GNU documentation license is not a panacea for all our gripes with
the new one (the FDL).

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      If encryption is outlawed, only