Re: stepping in between Debian and FSF

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 09:31:56PM -0400, Walter Landry wrote:
>> These issues are not related.  I do not see why discussion of one
>> should interact at all with the other.  This feels like a distraction
>> to keep Debian from throwing GFDL'd manuals out of main.
>
> We don't need a distraction to accomplish that.
>
> Neither the Release Manager nor, we are told, the Debian Project
> Leader[1], have any intention of removing GNU FDL-licensed works from
> Debian main before sarge is released.

I think it would be more accurate to say that neither of these
worthies is willing to delay Sarge for removal of GFDL works.  The
GNU Emacs, GCC, and GDB maintainers could do so, but have to balance
the freedom of users against the utility of the documentation.

-Brian

--
Brian T. Sniffen                                        bts@alum.mit.edu
                       http://www.evenmere.org/~bts/