Re: stepping in between Debian and FSF

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 09:31:56PM -0400, Walter Landry wrote:
> These issues are not related.  I do not see why discussion of one
> should interact at all with the other.  This feels like a distraction
> to keep Debian from throwing GFDL'd manuals out of main.

We don't need a distraction to accomplish that.

Neither the Release Manager nor, we are told, the Debian Project
Leader[1], have any intention of removing GNU FDL-licensed works from
Debian main before sarge is released.

My efforts to solicit further information on this decision[2][3] have so
far been unsuccessful.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200308/msg01022.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200308/msg01210.html
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2003/debian-project-200308/msg00089.html

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       "Bother," said Pooh, as he was