legalities of distributing debian pre-installed iso images.

Hello,

I have a question concerning the distribution of modified kernels,
modified boot-floppies and pre-installed debian iso image.

The idea is to distribute the kernel with the kernel sources (i guess a
patch against some well known kernel tree is not enough), the
boot-floppies source tarball used to build the modified boot floppies,
as well as the sources to parted which i also modified and included in
the boot-floppies. I am in the process of sending the parted changes to
the FSF US anyway, but in the meantime it is better to do it so, no ?

But what about the other stuff included in the boot-floppies, or all the
stuff included in the pre-installed image.

Is it enough to write on the CD pocket or something such instruction on
getting the sources from any debian mirror, or something such, and
say that the modified sources are on CD #2 or something such.

What about distributing the iso of such a CD ? Would a COPYING file or
something such which explains the above be ok ? Or do the source need to
be included on the same ftp server ?

Also, i have a question about the single CD that was distributed at
LinuxTag for example, did it also include the soruces, or was an
arrangement like that already done ?

In hope of getting a sound advice on this so everything can be done
following the rules.

Friendly,

Sven Luther