Re: UnrealIRCd License (Click-Through issue)

* Andrew Suffield (asuffield@debian.org) [030902 19:20]:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 11:47:53AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > And: I don't know international law good enough to decide if (and
> > when) german law is applicable to software in debian. It is certainly
> > applicable between any german user and me, a german subject and
> > resident. But almost everything else is discussable.

> German law applies to anything it says it can apply to, [...]

Not really. Common accepted international treaties have precedence
over german laws. (That states the German constitution in Article 25;
a similar rule is stated in the treaty about treaties, but as you say
there are countries which ignore this.) And there is a international
treaty about which legal system applies in the area of civil law, but
I understand that treaty only in simple cases.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/