Re: [RESULTS] SURVEY: Is the GNU FDL a DFSG-free license?

CC me on replies. Thanks.

Branden Robinson writes...

> A little over one week ago, I posted a survey[1] to the debian-legal
> mailing list, requesting the opinion of subscribers regarding one of a
> pair of related questions that have been asked with increasing frequency
> on that list, and in a few other forums around the Internet.
[snip]
> Here are the results of the survey.

Branden,

IMHO This is appropriate for debian-devel-announce. Informative and gives
people who aren't subscribed a summary of a large issue being discussed. More
of this type of text from various parts of the project would be a good thing.

[snip]
> In my opinion, and in the opinion of several other people on the
> debian-legal mailing list, if we are to deviate from the understanding
[snip]

IMHO This is _not_ appropriate for debian-devel-announce. It's not a soapbox,
please keep your messages purely informational in the future. (If I haven't
critizied others for doing the same thing, sorry. Maybe it was because your's
stuck out in some way. Either way it's no excuse.)

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org