Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 02:28:31AM +0300, Richard Braakman wrote:
> Generic "free content" freedoms should probably apply to things like
> musical performance as well, and I don't see these fitting very fell
> for that.

A musical performance as such, or a recording thereof?

It's going to be difficult for a "performance" of any kind, of itself,
to be encapsulated in a data package.

As far as recordings/transcriptions/etc. of performances go, I don't see
why they wouldn't be covered fairly straightforwardly under these
criteria.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Of two competing theories or
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    explanations, all other things