Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     It's true that many have gladly taken GNU software while ignoring the
>     GNU philosophy (or actively working against it).  But I doubt that
>     invariant sections alone can ensure that the message will be heard.
>
> Such things are very hard to estimate.  What is clear is that one
> does not use a viewer program to read a manual published on paper.

Ignoring of course, the viewer program known as the human brain, which
is arguably more complex than any other type of viewer program out
there.

Don Armstrong

--
All bad precedents began as justifiable measures.
 -- Gaius Julius Caesar in "The Conspiracy of Catiline" by Sallust

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu