Re: A possible GFDL compromise

    > Nowadays we have to struggle constantly against the tendency to bury
    > the free software movement and pretend that we advocate "open source".

    "Let those who fight monsters take care lest they themselves become
    monsters." - Friedrich Nietzsche

That danger always exists, but it can't be happening here in regard to
invariant sections, because they are not a change.  We've been using
invariant sections in our manuals since at least 15 years ago.

What the GFDL changed in regard to invariant sections was to formalize
the criteria, stating explicitly that sections that cover part of the
manual's topic cannot be invariant, and to increase compatibility by
providing a way to merge manuals with different invariant sections.