license for newbiedoc

[for debian-legal people: please Cc: to me, I'm not subscribed to the list]

Currently some of newbiedoc documentation (including mine) are
licensed under GFDL.  To make sure newbiedoc can stay in main,
I'm planning to change the license.  What license is recommended?

The document is written in the SGML format, so I don't think
GPL is the best in this case.  For example, if you want to mirror
the HTML version of the ducument, GPL forces you to mirror the
SGML source as well or at least add a link to the source manually.

For your information, newbiedoc is not dead.  Finally a sendmail
documentation was posted to the mailing list for review last month.
(I can't review it because I don't use sendmail.)

--
Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>
Debian developer

enlightened self-interest
--- Nathanael Nerode, on discussion about the reason to contribute to Debian