Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

Op vr 15-08-2003, om 13:57 schreef MJ Ray:
> Jacobo Tarrio <jtarrio@trasno.net> wrote:
> > O Venres, 15 de Agosto de 2003 s 12:49:21 +0200, Wouter Verhelst escriba:
> >> we should at the very least avoid confusion by clarifying the intended
> >> meaning of the word 'software' in the context of the text of the DFSG.
> >  Well, in that context, "software" means "everything you can store in a CD",
> > or "everything you can transmit through a computer network".
>
> Has this ever really been unclear, or did some new developers just fail
> to think about it?

As has been shown several times on this list now, not everyone
understands 'software' as it is intended. Adding a note, clarifying the
meaning seems like the right thing to do to me.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a