Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Wednesday, Aug 13, 2003, at 05:40 US/Eastern, Bernhard R. Link wrote:

Everything
else has to be made by human and have a minimal artistic height.
(I was told this non-sense was introduced to get the USA sign some
 international treaties about copyright protection).

Not sure if that is true, but I can confirm that to get copyright protection in the US, there has to be a creative aspect to the work. It's actually required by our Constitution. I'm not online at the moment, but I think there is a citation in Feist.