Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 09:19:01AM -0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> wrote:
> > [...] Having a
> > clear policy about documentation would most certainly stop that
> > discussion.
>
> This suggests to me that finishing the debian doc policy is an appropriate
> fix, yet you seemed to reject it elsewhere.

Wouter has a solution in search of a problem.  He wants a GR that will
"define" software and documentation, probably in the Social Contract.

It seems he will settle for nothing less.

I continue to wonder why we should bother.  Passing such a GR just to
shut up people who can't be troubled to think for five minutes within
the context of debian-legal's role within the project doesn't seem to be
a sufficiently good reason (to me) for exercising the weighty GR
process.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    One man's theology is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    belly laugh.