Re: License evaluation sought

* Tore Anderson

 >  >   At first I had my doubts about paragraph 3, but after having
 >  > read the Artistic license, whose paragraph 5 involves the same
 >  > restriction while still being DFSG-free, I would assume this is
 >  > acceptable for inclusion in main.  But do comment, legalese is
 >  > not one of my strong points.

* Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker

 >  That's not the biggest problem with this license. It does not
 > grant permission to distribute modifications and derived works, so
 > the it fails DFSG clause 3.

  Good point.  However, if I am able to talk upstream into adding a
 clause such as:

 * You are permitted to modify the game as you like, and also distribute
   such versions under the same license as the original work, if they are
   clearly marked as being modified versions.

  ..would that be okay?  (Suggestions on how to better phrase this
 clause are welcomed.)

--
Tore Anderson