Re: Inconsistencies in our approach

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> BZZT. That is exactly the argument John just asked us not to make.

I think your buzzer is malfunctioning.  John seemed to be asking us not
to stretch the DFSG to non-software.  Not the same thing.

[Software/Docs distinction]
> So's this. And it's been said a hundred times before, so why repeat it
> again and waste all of our time?

I don't know.  I just post it to try to get a response that actually
has some substance.  I'd love to hear from someone who actually has a
basis in reality for a distinction, instead of something from their mind.

Does anyone have *NEW DATA* to bring to the discussion?  Otherwise,
we can continue hearing the opinions of a few that we should allow
non-free software works into Debian because they like it, regardless of
the problems of distinguishing or justification, and then ignore them
just as happened over other pieces of non-free.