copyright file packaging quandry

Hello

I am working on updating the Twiki debian package, and my sponsor (Ardo)
and I have hit a problem that we are unsure how to resolve.

I am unhappy with the idea of re-naming the upstream license.txt to
copyright and then editing it to link to the common-licenses GPL file.
This is due to the last part of the second paragraph -

"Any redistribution of TWiki or it's clones
MUST contain this license.txt file UNMODIFIED."

how do I resolve this issue with section 13.5 of the policy?

Do i create a summary of the license.txt in the copyright, while
providing the license.txt (essentially duplicating the information),

or keep the license.txt and create a symbolic link to provide the
copyright file?

or is there another way that this is generally solved?

lets assume that the upstream author is happy with his license (I think
he's on holidays for a few more weeks).

cheers

Sven

----from the license.txt-------------------------------
Copyright and License of TWiki, 01 Feb 2003

TWiki (TM) is copyrighted (C) 1999-2003 by Peter Thoeny,
Peter@Thoeny.com; ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. TWiki's core
team also holds a copyright.

TWiki is open source software; you can redistribute it
and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public
License as published by the Free Software Foundation;
either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any
later version. Any redistribution of TWiki or it's clones
MUST contain this license.txt file UNMODIFIED.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be
useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more
details, for your convenience attached below, also
published at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

Please note that TWiki is NOT distributed under the LGPL
(Lesser General Public Licence), which implies TWiki can
only be used with software that is licensed under conditions
compliant with the GPL. Embedding in proprietary software
requires an alternative license. Contact the author for
details.

--
Peter Thoeny, Peter@Thoeny.com, http://TWiki.org/

-----( http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html