Re: Defining 'preferred form for making modifications'

"J.D. Hood" <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> I suggest that the definition of 'preferred form for
> making modifications' be information-theoretical.

No.  It is *human*, and focused on actual, real, genuine, human
preferences.  This is far better than trying to find a specific
technical definition of those preferences: much better instead to use
the actual standard--that is, whatever format is actually
preferred--rather than attempt (perhaps badly) to find a technical
definition of the same thing.