Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:37:50AM -0600, Barak Pearlmutter wrote:
> My understanding is that the FSF requires copyright assignments in
> order to give themselves the ability to most effectively defend the
> community against poachers and legal attacks.

It seems perfectly plausible to me that the reason you cite was never
the sole motivation for this policy, though it may have been the most
frequently and publicly articulated one.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |         De minimis non curat lex.