Re: Outcome of PHPNuke discussion

Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 09:33:33PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > I'm sorry, but I'm totally lost in the discussion.  Do we (=Debian)
> > buy the statement from the FSF that the copyright notice at the
> > bottom of any phpnuke-generated page must not be removed and that
> > this is not a new restriction to the GPL?
>
> Was there such a statement, and are we sure it meant exactly this and
> wasn't being interpreted?  (I seem to recall reading an interpretation
> of a statement that I didn't buy, but it was too long ago for me to
> remember clearly.)

I found this one:

http://phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=49

says:

 "I think a web-based message board clearly reads commands
  interactively.  So, if there is such a notice, you can't remove it. But
  you could alter its form, so long as it is still appropriate."

I guess this case is difficult, since you could interpret each php
file as a program of its own, as well as the entire system as a
program as a whole.

Regards,

	Joey

--
WARNING: Do not execute!  This software violates patent EP0526034.
http://www.elug.de/projekte/patent-party/patente/EP0526034

find / -name README -user root -print 2>/dev/null