Incomplete licence - what to do?

Hello

I would like to package a php4-rrdtool from wnpp[1]. I noticed that
this software has IMO incomplete licence.
Full README file is available at:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/pub/contrib/php4-rrdtool-1.03.txt

Interesting part about copyright below.

    You are free to redistribute the source provided my name is
    kept at the top of the source files as credit for the original
    author.  I make no warranties to the usability of this software,
    nor I am responsible if your machine explodes (although it
    shouldn't).

I think that the author's intention was to place this code in any open source
licence but the cited paragraph is not in compliance with DFSG: there is
no information on redistribution of modified sources and/or binaries.

I will contact upstream to fix this licence but first I would like to know
your opinion: what should I propose to the author as the new licence?

Please Cc: all mails concerning this subject to Grzegorz (my sponsor for
this package).

Regards
	Artur

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/126897