Re: ISO 3166 copyright

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 09:35:29PM +0100, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
> The purpose of the package was to provide an accurate, LGPL'd version of
> the ISO 3166, 639 and 4217 standards., along with translations into the
> various languages supported by Debian.
>
> I was not aware of the copyright notice that you gave a pointer to; I
> shall have to think about that, and get an opinion on debian-legal.

Bah, there's no copyright in those lists; just like there's no copyright
in the listings of the phone book.

Please attack and destroy people with _Feist v. Rural Telephone Service
Co._[1].

[1] http://www.law.cornell.edu/copyright/cases/499_US_340.htm

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Good judgement comes from
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     experience; experience comes from