Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 10:54:36AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> You raised one point that I am concerned about:
>
>     * Debugging with GDB; "GDB version 5  May 2000"[1]
>     [1] This manual is an interesting case because it started out with no
> 	invariant sections at all, but later adopted the GNU FDL and marked
> 	non-Secondary Sections as Invariant[3], which RMS said was "not
> 	permitted"[4].
>
> I will investigate this, and if a non-Secondary section has indeed
> been marked as invariant, I will make sure that is corrected.

To forestall confusion...

This has already been investigated and corrected.  The GDB manual
used to have "A Sample GDB Session" marked Invariant, and the
stabs manual which accompanied it had "Stabs Types" and "Stabs Sections"
marked Invariant.  This was brought to the FSF's attention (including
yours, I thought!) during our previous round of discussion about
the GFDL, and was corrected soon afterward.

Richard Braakman