Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 07:29:46AM -0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
> > [...]  We also
> > disagree about Debian's practice of distributing and recommending
> > non-free software.
>
> I'm sorry, but can you justify this statement, please?

That we distribute it is uncontroversial.  I believe RMS has asserted in
the past that the very fact that we distribute it constitutes a tacit
endorsement, and thus a "recommendation".

I say this just to save RMS the trouble of addressing the point, if I
have characterized his position accurately.

In my opinion, there is some merit to the argument that distribution
constitutes tacit endorsement, whether RMS personally shares that view
or not.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      There's no trick to being a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      humorist when you have the whole