Re: new-maintainer vs patents.

Scripsit Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis <luca@debian.org>

> That's not so beyond: you should be shure that the package you are building
> is compliant to our DFSG and that is not violating any patent or
> copyright. That mean you should inspect any file in the source.

You're misunderstanding something. It is not possible to find of
whether there are any patents relevant to a given piece of software
just by looking at the source. Therein lies (some of) the evil of the
patent system.

> > Are all package maintainers required to do this?

No.

--
Henning Makholm                              "En tapper tinsoldat. En dame i
                                         spagat. Du er en lykkelig mand ..."