Re: query from Georg Greve of GNU about Debian's opinion of the FDL

On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 23:47, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> As a final note, 'moral rights' are *not* 'copyrights', and a copyright
> license should not attempt to have anything to do with them, any more than it
> should have anything to do with patent rights, design rights, or trademarks!

You are aware that the GPL deals with those, and that without dealing
with them, its copyleft would be easily defeated.

For example: I modify a GPL program adding a major new feature. Being an
Evil Software Conglomorate(sp?), I decide I really want to hold my
changes proprietary. So I patent them. Sure, you can have the source,
but you can't use it without a patent license from me!