Re: [OT] Droit d'auteur vs. free software? (Was: query from Georg Greve of GNU about Debian's opinion of the FDL

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 12:37, Henning Makholm wrote:

>    sub 2. The work must not be changed or made available to the public
>       in a way or in a context that violates the author's literary or
>       artistic reputation or character.

So, I assume that if a work which has artistic or literary value is
licensed under the GPL, version 2, people living outside common-law
countries can't modify and distribute because of:

    7. [...] If you cannot distribute so as to satisfy simultaneously
       your obligations under this License and any other pertinent
       obligations, then as a consequence you may not distribute the
       Program at all.

Interesting.

/me wonders if there are more countries besides his own that need to be
no longer considered part of the free world. :-D