Re: Suggestion to maintainers of GFDL docs

On 20030416T094049-0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> * Why you shouldn't use the GFDL:: Debian doesn't recommend using this license.
>
> And what if this new section listing reasons _not_ to use this license
> were made...  invariant!

If we were to add to each GFDL'd document a section (invariant or not)
saying, essentially, that we consider GFDL a non-free license (what else
can that section say?), we would have to start moving such documents to
nonfree at the same time.  Otherwise we'd be hypocrites.

Personally I believe that simply moving them to nonfree is far more
effective than such an added section.  Look at the publicity our stance
against KDE used to generate when it had its license problem.

  Taiteellisen ohjelmoinnin ystävien seura Toys - Ohjelmointi on myös taidetta
                         http://www.cc.jyu.fi/yhd/toys/