MySQL-OpenSSL linking, news by MySQL team.about licensing
we have some news about #167747 which is potentially of interest
of all packages which links OpenSSL libraries and MySQL libraries.
MySQL libraries currently are plain GPL, NOT LGPL as someone thought.
Francesco P. Lovergine
--- Begin Message ---
- To: "'David Axmark'" <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>
- Cc: "Larry Stefonic" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Licensing Question, IT, Debian Project - SPI
- From: Zak Greant <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 16:52:36 -0700
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <003c01c2f898$366ebe60$6501a8c0@MySQLSales>
- References: <003c01c2f898$366ebe60$6501a8c0@MySQLSales>
Thanks for the note!
libmysql is indeed GPL licensed. I will discuss the possibility of adding a
specific exception for OpenSSL with David Axmark.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns!
--- End Message ---