Re: The Show So Far

tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> Binary only distribution *inhibits* changes, and makes them *harder*,
> without making them strictly impossible.  The GPL says that the costs
> of including source are trivial--an extra CD, and therefore requires
> you to share them.

It may be possible, but it certainly isn't practical.

But even, for the sake of argument, granting your point that it is
remotely possible, how does that change matters?  You seem to be
saying that if someone needs the source they shouldn't get it, where
if someone doesn't *need* it but wants it really, really bad they
should be able to get it.

Something doesn't parse there, so I'm assuming I'm misunderstanding
you.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>