Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes - constructive suggestion!

On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 05:05 AM, Anthony Towns wrote:

Giving away
CDs at tradeshows that don't include source comes under 3(b). I suppose
you could arrange to give everyone both binary and source CDs, then ask
them to give the latter back to you.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl- faq.html#HowCanIMakeSureEachDownloadGetsSource
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#SourceAndBinaryOnDifferentSites

Given those, and the terms of 3(a), I don't see what'd be wrong with having two piles on the table: Binary CDs and Source CDs. They wouldn't even have to be the same size; so long as there is at least one source CD, you can have binary CDs.