Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes - constructive suggestion!

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 12:02:06PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
> > > The GPL doesn't have such a rule.
> > He puts the program up on the web. As in http://www.frankcorp.com/foo.exe.
> > People then download it. They then demand the source.
> Why does he put it on the web?  *THAT* was already violating the NDA.

Lots of people distribute binaries that encode NDAed technologies.
Windows, etc.

Maybe it was a special case of some clever new advance in AI that looks
for flaws in contracts, and he only gives away copies to his clients
after getting $50 via paypal, which he splits 50:50 with his friend.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''