Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes - constructive suggestion!

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 07:46:18PM -0700, Barak Pearlmutter wrote:
> I've edited that nascent DFSG FAQ and put it at
>  http://www-bcl.cs.unm.edu/~bap/dfsg-faq.html
> I'd appreciate comments.  Especially from the OSD/DFSG "WE MUST UNIFY"
> folks, who might perhaps be able to use some of this material to
> clarify their OSD into conformance with Debian practice, ie to reject
> licenses they previously felt obliged to accept but which Debian
> rejects.
> Also, should this go somewhere on the Debian web site?  (If someone
> thinks it should please just take it over from me and put it up.)

Wow, great work, thanks.

I've been wanting to write a DFSG FAQ myself for a long time (remember
my proposed "interpretive guidelines"? :) ), and now you've gone and
saved me the trouble.

If you run out of time to maintain this I'd be delighted to host it at.

Thanks again for assembling this document.

G. Branden Robinson                |     "Why do we have to hide from the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      police, Daddy?"
branden@debian.org                 |     "Because we use vi, son.  They use
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ |      emacs."