Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes - constructive suggestion!

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 07:46:18PM -0700, Barak Pearlmutter wrote:
> I've edited that nascent DFSG FAQ and put it at
>
>  http://www-bcl.cs.unm.edu/~bap/dfsg-faq.html
>
> I'd appreciate comments.

It seems a bit eager about the GPL.  I'd much prefer if it gave equal
time to the GPL and the BSD camps.  Better yet, recommend the two
licenses without trying to summarize them (people ARE supposed to
read licenses before applying them, after all!), and just state the
advantages of using standard licenses: they're better understood by
the community, they've been written by actual lawyers, people don't
have to spend time figuring them out before using the program or
helping with development, and they make it easier to share code
between your project and others.

Richard Braakman