Re: The Affero license

* Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> [030307 22:05]:
> Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> writes:
> > Forced publication of in-house development considerably increases the
> > cost of running software.
>
> This is only true when you adopt a "high falutin" concept of
> "publication".
>
> Make a tar file,

And get sued by people downloading it and trashing their computers with
it. (And when you try to point to the "no liability" clauses, try to
tell this a German court).

> put it on a web site, a five minute job.

And where do I get a web-site? And even if I had it, uploading the
source there could take considerable longer than 5 mins if the line
is slow enough.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.