The Affero license

Breaking the thread and changing the subject.

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 04:26:08PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> David Turner <novalis@novalis.org> writes:
> > * d) If the Program as you received it is intended to interact with
> And, the real killer, it fails the Chinese dissident test rather
> massively.

How so? If the government can't get to your regular data, then there's
no reason for it to be able to get to the source code you provide either.

I agree with the other concerns entirely. Also, specifying a protocol
in a license is a horribly bad thing; HTTP isn't useful everywhere,
and requiring you to rewrite the program entirely when the protocol
becomes obsolete is missing the point of free software pretty thoroughly.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''