Re: Should the ASP loophole be fixed? (Re: The Affero license)

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 14:03, Mark Rafn wrote:
> I'd far rather live with the loophole and accept that some people will
> make money by running a program with unpublished changes.

Of course, the issue is not money.  The idea is that users of a program
ought to be able to get the source code for that program.  Users these
days often use a program without ever having recieved a copy of it.
Nobody thought of this in 1991.  But times are changing.

--
-Dave Turner                     Stalk Me: 617 441 0668

"On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters
of principle, stand like a rock." -Thomas Jefferson