Re: The Helixcommunity RPSL is not DFSG-free

Andrea Glorioso <andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it> writes:

>     tb> Andrea Glorioso <andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it> writes:
>     >> Well, I can see that the RPSL talks about making modifications
>     >> "publicly available", which is IMHO cumbersome.
>
>     tb> I would suggest turning this into a request rather than a
>     tb> requirement.  Then there's no problem at all.
>
> Isn't it absolutely useless to include it into the license, then?  If
> it's not binding for the licensee, I don't see why it should be put
> there (and add to the total number of words and possible
> misinterpretation).

It is common to add requests to licenses.  Since it doesn't impact
freeness, it's fine by us, and it often makes copyright owners feel
better.

It's not absolutely useless, unless you suppose that requests are
useless things, and that only force and obligation are of any value.