Re: The Helixcommunity RPSL is not DFSG-free

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 02:46:16PM -0400, Andrea Glorioso wrote:

> That  would solve the "chinese dissident"  problem, at least (not sure
> how relevant the "desert island test", because  I agree with something
> someone said here,  that  in some  countries, Italy  for  example, you
> can't   be   punished  if you  obviously   couldn't   do something law
> "normally" enforces you to do).

I have a hard time believing that this really provides any protection in
the case where you *choose* to modify the source code without first
verifying that you are able to comply with the terms of the license.
This is akin to saying "the license said, get permission from the author
before modifying; I couldn't get permission from the author (he didn't
return my phone calls); so I modified it anyway."

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer