Re: PHPNuke license

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:12:06PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > Determining the interactiveness of "cat" in a pipeline would be
> > relevant only if we agreed to the above.)
>
> Similarly, "cat" is able to interact with the user (if we stretch that
> concept (in)appropriately), it does not interpret its input from the
> user as commands, so 2(c) does not apply to it.

Hmm, right; that narrows it down a bit.  I'm still not entirely sure how
to apply it to things like PHPNuke, however.

What if, instead of reading commands via stdin and keeping state in memory,
gdb kept state in a file and read commands via the shell? ("gdb b foo.c:12".)
It's still "running" and it still has sessions in the same sense as the real
gdb; the technical mechanism is just different, and it's similar to a web
script keeping sessions and accepting commands via forms and links.
Would the blurb clause apply to this (admittedly odd form of) gdb when
it started a new session?

Less contrived analogues are welcome.

--
Glenn Maynard