Re: PHPNuke license

Scripsit John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>

> If it constitutes distribution, it is fundamentally a different act than
> displaying a user interface, and thus 2c does not apply to the mere display
> since there is no display going on.

Yet in that case there would be grounds for claiming that the
distributed program is *executed* when the user's browser interprets
the embedded client-side scripts, and that it *then* displays things
in the browser windows. I don't think it would be entirely out of the
2(c) context to require the program to display a copyright notice in
that case.

(Which is not to say that I like such a requirement at all. Just
consider me the devil's advocate for a moment, please).

--
Henning Makholm              "Y'know, I don't want to seem like one of those
                         hackneyed Jews that you see in heartwarming movies.