Re: PHPNuke license

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:07:21PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > However, I would like to play devil's advocate for a second:
> >
> >   A person could consider a Web application to be a program that
> >   "reads commands interactively" in the same sense that a GUI app does.
> >   In this sense, GPL 2c is binding upon us to leave that in place.
> >   This is the argument made by the FSF staffer I cited before.
>
> Which FSF staffer advocated this extremely broad interpretation of 2c?
> If this heresy is the new GNU orthodoxy we may have some problems.

http://phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=49

says:

 "I think a web-based message board clearly reads commands
  interactively.  So, if there is such a notice, you can't remove it. But
  you could alter its form, so long as it is still appropriate.

  -Dave Turner
   Free Software Licensing Guru
   This is not legal advice. If you need legal advice, see a lawyer."