Re: license for patch?

(Oops, sorry Glenn, meant to reply to list)

On 12-Feb-03, 15:48 (CST), Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> wrote:
> But can Debian distribute the patch itself?  (After reading the random
> attacks on the above link, I don't care to read anything else written by
> that person at the moment.)

That depends on the license of the patch, and we've come full circle:
goto head-of-thread.

Or are you suggesting that because standard patch formats (e.g. diff -u)
contain original code, we might be violating his copyright that way? I
don't think[1] so, as he also allows distribution of original source
code. His *intent* is that no one accidentally use modified source code;
I think that any one running a Debian package called djbdns-install has
a pretty clear idea they're not getting the original thing (and don't
*want* it; if they want his psycho file locations, they'd install from
scratch, like proper DJB sycophants.)

steveg

[1] IANAL, yadda yadda yadda

--