Re: Always free?

Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> A lot of things would break if licences were arbitrarily revocable. I
> haven't heard of it happening in practice, and I'm not sure the
> "consideration" argument from contract law has any validity.

Give http://www.ilaw.com.au/public/licencearticle.html a read.  It was
posted before, so I'm sorry for the repeat notice, but it is well written
and clear in its opinion that contracts are better than licenses because
licenses, where no consideration has been given (such as not paying for the
Free Software), are revokable or alterable.