Per-project changelogs

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, David Turner wrote:
> Per-project changelogs have always been considered to be compliant
> with (2)(a) -- nothink says the markings must be in the files
> themselves.

Quoting 2a directly:

  You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating
  that you changed the files and the date of any change.

I don't think that can be made much clearer.

Should it stop a project's inclusion in debian? Probably not, because
the project can quickly and painlessly modify the files to be in
compliance with this term of the GPL.

Don Armstrong

Guns Don't Kill People.
*I* Kill People.