Re: OSD && DFSG convergence

Scripsit Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net>

Re: GPL 2(c)

> This clause of the GPL is still something of a wart.  Perhaps a future
> revision of the DFSG would clarify that GPL software is only free if it
> *doesn't* take advantage of this clause.

I agree that it is a wart, but your solution wouldn't quite work.
If the program as distributed in the first place is not interactive,
GPL 2(c) would apply automatically to anyone who modified it to be
interactive.

--
Henning Makholm                   "The great secret, known to internists and
                         learned early in marriage by internists' wives, but