Re: GNU TLS OpenSSL compatibility layer under GPL, not LGPL

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 12:32:34PM -0500, Jeff Licquia wrote:

> > Perhaps not directly.  Who knows how many people who would otherwise be
> > spending time on GPL software will instead be stuck porting
> > free-but-GPL-incompatible software to use GNU TLS?  I find that hard to
> > justify.

> Well, this is the GNU project we're talking about.  How much
> GPL-incompatible software do they distribute?

None that I know of.  Are you ascribing to the GNU project the position
that "if you're not one of us, we don't care what hoops you have to jump
through, even if those hoops eat up time you would have spent working on
GNU software"?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer