Re: location of UnicodeData.txt

How does DFSG #4 interact with texts like the Unicode data or the FHS?
Is it sufficient to allow distribution of diffs along with the
original sources?

It seems that from a source standpoint the answer is yes.  What's
unclear is how this interacts with things "built" from the sources.  I
honestly don't know what this would mean for FHS so I'm having a hard
time answering the question.

However, it seems that for the Unicode data, I could easily provide
character data from them as well as diffs to that data, and have some
code that would build a program based on their data plus those diffs.

I think that DFSG #4 may actually give you enough wiggle room for the
Unicode case.